Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake manifold cover.
- Remove the four ignition coils, as outlined in the Engine Electrical Section.
- Remove the bolt (A) securing the power steering hose bracket.
Remove the dipstick (B) and breather hose (C).
- Remove the retainers and the cylinder head cover.
- Thoroughly clean the head cover gasket and the groove.
- Install the head cover gasket in the groove of the cylinder head cover.
- Make sure the mating surfaces are clean and dry.
Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08718-0009, on the chain case and the No. 5 rocker shaft holder mating areas.
WARNINGDo not install the parts if 4 minutes or more have elapsed since applying liquid gasket. Instead, reapply liquid gasket after removing the old residue.