Removal & Installation
The radiator cooling fans are electrically operated and mount directly to the radiator.
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connectors and wiring guide brackets for the cooling fans
- If additional work space is needed, drain about 3 quarts of coolant from the radiator into a sealable container by loosening the radiator drain plug, then disconnect and plug the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the fan shroud mounting bolts.
- Carefully remove the cooling fan assembly from the vehicle.
- The installation is in the reverse order of removal except for the following steps.
- Top off and bleed the cooling system as necessary.
- When connecting the battery cables, connect the positive battery cable first, then the negative cable.
- Enter the radio security code.
- Start the engine and check for coolant leaks and normal operation of the cooling fans.
Refer to the Radiator Removal & Installation procedure for fan replacement.