Removal & Installation
Temperature Control Cable
- Locate the heater control valve under the hood and disconnect the temperature control cable from the heater control valve and arm.
- Locate the air mix control arm and heater control cable under the dash and disconnect the cable.
- Set the climate control temperature to MAX COOL with the ignition switched ON .
- Reconnect the heater control cable to the air mix control arm assembly under the dash. Make sure the cable sheathing is flush against the stop.
- Access the heater control valve under the hood and move the heater valve arm away from the firewall to the fully closed position.
- Attach the cable end to the heater valve arm.
- Hold the heater valve arm in the fully closed position while applying a light load toward the firewall on the cable sheathing to remove any slack in the cable.
- Clamp the cable into the heater control valve.
- Test the operation of the unit to make sure no binding occurs and repair as necessary.