Removal & Installation
Remove the center console:
- Rotate the shift knob counterclockwise to remove it from the shift shaft.
- Remove the screws from the side of the console and the two just below the center pocket.
- Remove the center pocket mounting screws.
- Remove the center pocket, then carefully remove the center console.
- Remove the self tapping screws that mounts the control unit to the center console trim panel.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Remove the center panel, as follows:
NOTETake care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
- Remove the screws from the bottom of the dashboard center panel.
- Pull out on the bottom of the dashboard center panel to create a gap between the dashboard and panel.
- Gently pull out along the panel to release the clips, then remove the panel. Disconnect the hazard warning switch connector.
- Remove the self-tapping screws and the heater control panel (A) from the dashboard (B).
- Install the control panel in the reverse order of removal. After installation, operate the control panel controls to make sure they work properly.
- Install the center panel in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: