Timing adjustments are made with the engine at operating temperature.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Service Check connector.
- Connect a timing light to the No. 1 ignition wire.
- The timing should be 13-17 degrees Before Top Dead Center (BTDC) (red timing mark on crankshaft pulley) at 650-750 rpm.
- Adjust the timing as necessary and tighten the distributor bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Remove the 2P connector jumper.
Adjustment is not possible on the 2.4L engine.