Window Motor & Regulator
Removal & Installation
- Remove the screw from the door handle trim, then slide the handle assembly forward and out to access the lock rod clip. Release the clip, disconnect the door lock switch and remove the door opener handle assembly.
- Carefully pry at the small opening on the bottom of the speaker grill, and remove the grille.
- Remove the speaker mounting screws, detach the electrical connector and remove the speaker.
- Remove the screws in the armrest.
- Remove the center from the trim clip at the upper front of the door panel and remove the clip.
- Using a suitable trim panel removal tool, unsnap the door panel from the door frame.
Carefully lift the door panel up and away from the door frame.
- Remove the plastic vapor barrier.
- Remove the door glass.
- Remove the motor/regulator assembly.
Scribe a line across the sector gear and the regulator before removing the window motor.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, making sure to perform the following:
- Apply grease to the rollers, guides and sliding surfaces of the regulator. Make sure to install the roller guide with the rectangular hole facing rearward. Check the window operation before installing the door panel and adjust if necessary.
Window Switch Control Panel
Removal & Installation
Put on gloves to protect your hands.
NOTEBe careful not to scratch the dashboard and other related components.
Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover, as follows:
- Remove the screws, and detach the clips, then remove the driver's dashboard lower cover. Disconnect the rear hatch glass opener switch connector.
- Remove the bolts, then remove the knee bolster, if necessary.
- Gently push out the power window switch from the dashboard lower cover opening by hand.
- Detach the connectors.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure the connectors are proper attached.
Using a trim tool, pry out the upper portion of the cover (A) to release the hooks (B), then remove the cover.
- Remove the screws.
Driver's door: Pull the inner handle (A) rearward and out half-way to release the power door lock switch bracket (B) from the door panel (C).
- Passenger's door: Pull the inner handle half-way.
Driver's door: Disconnect the power door lock switch connector (A). Disconnect the inner handle rod (B), then remove the inner handle (C).
- Lower the glass fully.
- Remove the screws from under the armrest.
- Passenger's door: Refer to the accompanying illustration and remove the switch panel (A), as follows:
Remove the mirror mount cover.
NOTERefer to the accompanying illustration for door panel removal.
- Remove the door panel (A) with as little bending as possible to avoid creasing or breaking it, as follows:
Driver's door: Disconnect the power window switch connector (A), power mirror switch connector (B), hatch glass opener switch connector (C), and detach the harness clips (D) from the back of the door panel.
- Driver's door: Push up the back of the switch panel o release the clip and hooks, then remove the panel.
Install the panel in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly, and the rod is connected properly.
Push the clips into place securely.
NOTEResetting the power window control unit is required after performing the following procedures: Disconnecting the battery, Removing the No. 6 (7.5 A) and/or the No. 23 (20 A) fuses from the under-dash fuse/relay box or disconnecting the driver's door wire harness.
Perform the power window control unit resetting procedure, as follows:
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Move the driver's window all the way down by holding the driver's switch firmly down; when the window reaches the bottom, hold the driver's window switch firmly down for 2 seconds.
- Move the driver's window all the way up by holding the driver's switch firmly up; when the window reaches the top, hold the driver's window switch firmly up for 2 seconds.
- If the window does not work in AUTO, turn the ignition switch OFF and repeat the procedure.
- Check the window and power door lock operations