Use only service equipment that is U.L.-listed and is certified to meet the requirements of SAE J2210 to remove HFC-134a (R-134a) from the air conditioning system.
Connect a R-134a refrigerant recovery/recycling/charging station (A) to the high-pressure service port (B) and the low-pressure service port (C), as shown, following the equipment manufacturer's instructions.
- Evacuate the system, as outlined in this section.
- Add the same amount of new refrigerant oil to the system that was removed during recovery. Use only KEIHIN SP-10 refrigerant oil.
- Charge the system with the specified amount of R-134a refrigerant. Do not overcharge the system; the compressor will be damaged.
- Select the appropriate units of measure for your refrigerant charging station. Refrigerant capacity:
Refrigerant capacity for 2001 models:
- 700-750 g
- 0.70-0.75 kg
- 1.5-1.6 lbs.
- 24.7-26.5 oz.
Refrigerant capacity for 2002-06 models:
- 480-530 g
- 0.48-0.53 kg
- 1.06-1.17 lbs.
- 16.9-18.7 oz.
- Check for refrigerant leaks, as outlined in this section.