Removal & Installation
- Loosen the wheel nuts.
- Carefully raise the locking tab of the axle spindle nut using a hammer and chisel.
- Loosen and remove the axle nut.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the halfshafts from the differential. Refer to the differential removal procedure in this section for specific details.
- Carefully remove the halfshaft from the trailing arm assembly by tapping on it with a plastic hammer, or using a suitable drift and hammer.
Installation is the reverse of removal taking note of the following points:
Install new set rings in the groove of the splined inner CV-joint shafts.