Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tire/wheel assembly.
- Remove the upper arm-to-body through bolts.
- Remove the upper arm through bolt.
- Remove the upper arm.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following steps:
Lubricate the body side bushing with silicone grease.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Place a floor jack under the trailing arm, and support the suspension.
- Remove the wheel sensor harness bracket from the upper arm.
Remove the flange bolts (A), and remove the upper arm (B).
Install the upper arm in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
First install all the suspension components and lightly tighten the bolts and nuts, then place a jack under the trailing arm, and raise the suspension to load it with the vehicle's weight before fully tightening the bolts and nuts to the specified torque values.