Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
- Make sure the wipers are in the park position. If not, turn the ignition key to the ON position and operate the wipers one time. Turn the wiper switch to the off position and then turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Remove the wiper arms from the wiper pivots.
- Using a suitable trim panel removal tool, remove the upper clips from the plastic windshield wiper linkage cover.
- Using two small suitable prytools, carefully remove the lower panel clips from the wiper linkage cover.
- Remove the 2 wiper pivot trim covers, and then remove the plastic wiper linkage cover.
- Using a 10mm socket, extension and ratchet, remove the four wiper assembly mounting bolts.
- Remove the wiper motor electrical connector from the wiper motor.
- Carefully remove the wiper motor and linkage assembly from the center cowling.
- Make a reference mark with touch up paint or a suitable marker between the motor pivot shaft and the pivot arm.
- Using a 12mm wrench, remove the pivot arm mounting nut, and then tap the arm with a suitable plastic handle of a screwdriver. It may take several taps to loosen the link arm. Once the arm is loose, lift it off of the pivot shaft.
- Using a 10mm socket, extension and ratchet, remove the three bolts that mount the motor to the bracket assembly.
Installation is the reverse of the removal. If the wiper motor is being replaced, cycle the motor one time to make sure it is in the park position. To do this proceed as follows:
- Before installing the wiper motor onto the linkage assembly, plug the wiper electrical connector onto the wiper motor.
- Secure and place the wiper motor such that it can be operated safely and will not contact a painted surface.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but do not start the engine.
- While the ignition switch is in the ON position, turn the wiper switch to the low speed on position. Make sure the wiper motor spins, then turn the wiper switch OFF . The wiper motor should stop moving once it reaches the park position.
Turn the ignition switch to the
position, and install the wiper motor in the reverse order as removal.
Windshield Wiper Switch
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative, then the positive battery cables.
- Disable the air bag system, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.
- Remove the driver-s side lower dashboard cover and knee bolster.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Disconnect the harness by gently depressing the tab on the connector and pulling.
- Remove the combination switch mounting screws.
Remove the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.