Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Pull up the lock (A) on the ABS modulator-control unit 25P connector (B), then detach the connector.
- Disconnect the 6 brake lines.
Remove the ABS modulator-control unit (C) from the bracket (D).
- Install the ABS modulator-control unit on the bracket, then tighten the 2 6mm nuts to 7.2 ft. lbs. (9.8 Nm).
- Connect the 6 brake lines to the unit and tighten the flare nuts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Align the connectors of the 25P connector.
- Push in the lock of the modulator-control unit 25P connector until you hear it click into plate, then attach the connector.
- Bleed the brake system, starting with the front wheels, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Start the engine and make sure the ABS indicator light goes off.
- Test drive the vehicle, verify ABS operation and make sure the indicator does not come on.
- If the brake pedal is now spongy, there might be air trapped in the modulator that went to the brake system during modulation. If necessary, bleed the brake system again, starting with the front wheels.