Hydraulic System Bleeding
Clean, high quality brake fluid is essential to the safe and proper operation of the clutch system. You should always buy the highest quality brake fluid that is available. Never reuse any brake fluid. Any brake fluid that is removed from the system should be discarded. Also, do not allow any brake fluid to come in contact with a painted surface; it will damage the paint.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
WARNINGOvertightening the bleeder screw can damage the slave cylinder.
- Attach a hose to the bleeder screw and suspend the other end in a container of clean brake fluid.
- Open the bleeder screw.
- Slowly pump the clutch pedal until no more air bubbles appear at the bleeder hose.
- Tighten the bleeder screw to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Refill the clutch master cylinder as necessary.
- Check for leaks and proper clutch operation.