Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Remove the left front inner fender.
- Use a syringe to remove the fluid from the clutch master cylinder reservoir.
Disconnect the reservoir hose (A) and clutch line (B) from the clutch master cylinder. Plug the end of the clutch line and reservoir hose with a shop towel to prevent brake fluid from leaking out.
Pry out the lock pin (A), and pull the pedal pin (B) out of the yoke. Remove the nuts.
- Remove the clutch master cylinder.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Tighten the master cylinder mounting nuts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.
- Refill the brake fluid in the reservoir to the MAX (upper) level fill line.
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system, as outlined in this section.