Adjust the valves only when the cylinder head temperature is less than 100°F (38°C).
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Set the No. 1 piston at TDC. The TDC mark on the camshaft sprocket should line up with the cylinder head surface.
- Check the clearance on No. 1 cylinder. Intake should be 0.007-0.009 in.; exhaust should be 0.008-0.010 in.
- If too much or too little drag is present, loosen the locknut and turn the adjusting screw until the drag on the feeler gauge is correct. Tighten the locknut and recheck the clearance.
- Rotate the crankshaft 240 degrees clockwise and check No.3.
Rotate the crankshaft 240 degrees clockwise and check No. 2.