Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio and the radio presets.
CAUTIONThese vehicles may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait for 3 minutes to disable the SRS.
WARNINGTo prevent scratching the door, hold the mirror while removing and installing the nuts.
NOTEThis procedure requires the use of the following tools or their equivalents:
WARNINGBe careful not to scratch the door panel or door. Use the most appropriate tool from the trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.
KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014
- Remove the mirror mount cover.
Remove the door panel in the sequence shown in the accompanying illustration. Remove the panel with as little bending as possible to prevent creasing or breaking it.
- Detach the mirror electrical connector.
- Detach the harness clip.
Unfasten the retaining nuts, then remove the mirror.
- Install the mirror and tighten the retaining nuts to 7.2 ft. lbs. (9.8 Nm).
- Attach the harness clip and mirror electrical connector. Make sure the connector is plugged in securely.
Installation of the door panel is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips and replace them with new ones.
- Make sure the connectors are properly plugged in.
- Check the operation of the window and power door locks.
Install the mirror mount cover, using a new clip if the old one was damaged.
NOTEThe ECM idle learn procedure must be performed anytime you disconnect the battery, replace the ECM or detach any of its connectors, replace or clean the throttle body, remove fuses or adjust the idle speed.
Perform the ECM idle learn procedure, as follows:
- Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or the engine coolant temperature reaches 176-221°F (80-100°C).
Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed and with all electrical items off.
NOTEIf the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.