Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the splash shields from the right and left side.
Remove the self-locking nuts (A) while holding the joint pin (B) with a hex wrench (C) and disconnect the stabilizer links (D) from the stabilizer bar (E) on the right and left side.
Remove the flange bolts (A) and bushing holders (B), then remove the bushings (C) and the stabilizer bar (D).
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Use new self-locking bolts.
- Make sure to note the left and right sides of the stabilizer bar.
- Tighten the flange bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
Align the ends of the paint marks on the stabilizer bar with each end of the bushings.
- Note the fore/aft direction of the bushing holders.
- Refer to the Stabilizer Link Removal & Installation procedure to connect the stabilizer bar to the links.