Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Use new self-locking fasteners for assembly.
Install or connect the following:
Strut. Loosely tighten the mounting nuts and pinch bolts
- Place a jack under the lower arm and raise the suspension to load it.
- Tighten the strut top nuts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Tighten the lower pinch bolts to 72 ft. lbs. (98 Nm).
- Tighten the stabilizer link nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Tighten the tie rod nut to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Install the speed sensor bracket and brake line retainer.
- Install the front wheels and check the wheel alignment.