- Inspect the front and rear pulsers for chipped or damaged teeth.
Measure the air gap between the wheel sensor and the pulser all the way around while rotating the pulser. Remove the rear brake drum to measure gap on the rear wheel sensor. The gap should be 0.02-0.04 in. (0.4-1.0mm). If the gap exceeds 0.04 in. (1.0mm), check for a bent suspension arm.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front or rear wheel(s), as applicable.
Detach the speed sensor electrical connector, unfasten the retainers, then remove the speed sensor.
- Install the speed sensor and tighten the retaining bolts to 7.2 ft. lbs. (9.8 Nm).
- Attach the speed sensor connector.
- Install the wheel(s).
- Lower the vehicle.