Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Remove the engine cover and air cleaner housing.
Remove the throttle drum cover (A).
- Disconnect the clutch line (A) from the slave cylinder (B). Plug the end of the line to prevent fluid leakage.
Remove the two bolts (C) and the slave cylinder.
Pull back the boot (A) and apply brake assembly lube or suitable grease to the boot and slave cylinder rod (B). Reinstall the boot.
- Apply a suitable high temperature grease to the tip of the slave cylinder rod.
Install the slave cylinder (A), then connect the clutch line (B). Tighten the mounting bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) and the clutch line to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
NOTEMake sure the boot is installed on the slave cylinder.
- Install the throttle drum cover and tighten the retainer to 7.2 ft. lbs. (9.8 Nm).
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system, as outlined in this section.