Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio and radio presets.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait 3 minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing any service.
- Remove the right kick panel.
Remove the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) control unit (A) and the power relay (B).
- Disconnect the EPS control unit connector and power relay connector.
Install the EPS control unit in the reverse order of removal.
NOTEThe ECM idle learn procedure must be performed anytime you disconnect the battery, replace the ECM or detach any of its connectors, replace or clean the throttle body, remove fuses or adjust the idle speed.
Perform the ECM idle learn procedure, as follows:
- Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or the engine coolant temperature reaches 176-221°F (80-100°C).
Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed and with all electrical items off.
NOTEIf the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- Remove the No. 15 (40A) fuse from the under hood relay box.
- If the IMA battery level gauge (BAT) displays no segments, start the engine and hold it between 3,500-4,000 rpm without load (in Park or Neutral) until the BAT displays at least three segments.
- Install the No. 15 fuse.