Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the thermostat cover.
Remove the thermostat. Remove and discard the rubber gasket. Clean the gasket mating surfaces.
- Install the thermostat with a new gasket. Make sure the pin on the thermostat is at the 12 o-clock position.
- Install the thermostat cover and tighten the retainers to 8.7 ft. lbs. (12 Nm)
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.