Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the splash shield.
Remove the self-locking nut (A) and flange nut (B) while holding the respective joint pin (C) with a hex wrench (D), and remove the stabilizer link.
Install the stabilizer link (A) onto the stabilizer bar (B) and the damper (C) unit with each joint pins (D) set at the center of its range of movement.
- Install the new self-locking nut and flange nut, and tighten then hand-tight.
- Place the jack with a wood block under the lower arm ball joint and raise the suspension to load the stabilizer bar.
- Tighten the self-locking nut to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm) and flange nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) while holding the respective joint pin with a hex wrench.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower and test drive the vehicle. After 5 minutes of driving, recheck the self-locking nut tighten specification again.