Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank into a suitable approved container.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure noting the following items:
- Install a new fuel pump base gasket.
- Do not push on the suction filter.
- Ensure the wiring harness connections are secure.
- When installing the fuel pump align the marks on the fuel tank with the marks on the fuel pump.
- Tighten the fuel tank unit locknut to 69 ft. lbs. (93 Nm).
- Tighten the fuel tank straps bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).