Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Remove the brake drum and brake shoes, as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable from the brake shoe.
Remove the clip (A) from the cable holder (B) and remove the parking brake cable end (C) from the backing plate.
- Insert the parking brake cable end into the cable holder, and align the protrusion (D) on the cable with the cutout (E) on the cable holder. Install the clip into the groove (F) on the cable holder. Make sure the round side (G) of the clip faces toward the backing plate.
- Connect the parking brake cable to the brake shoe.
- Install the brake shoe assembly and brake drum as outlined in this section.