Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle.
- Remove the fender skirts and rear wheels.
- Disconnect the wheel speed sensors and remove the sensor and brake line brackets.
- Place a jack under each end of the rear axle beam.
- Remove the lower shock absorber mounting bolts.
- Slowly lower the jacks and remove the coil springs, spring cushion and bump stop.
Remove the shock upper bolts and remove the shock.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following items:
- Install the shock and upper mounting bolts.
- Align the upper spring end with the stepped part of the upper spring cushion. Align the lower spring end with the stepped part of the spring seat of the rear axle beam.
- Install the lower shock bolt loosely, raise and load the suspension with the jacks then tighten the lower bolts to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm). Tighten the upper bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.