Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section. Also see the IMA system disabling before proceeding with any procedure.
- Place a jack at each end of the rear axle beam.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following items:
- Tighten the axle beam bolts to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
- Install the lower shock bolt loosely, raise and load the suspension with the jacks then tighten the lower bolts to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm). Tighten the upper bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.