Removal & Installation
Remove the nut, wiper arm and the special nut.
NOTERemoving the hatch trim panel requires the use of KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014, or equivalent. Use the proper tool from the set to avoid damaging the components when prying them. Do not bend or scratch the panels.
Open the hatch and remove the hatch trim panel as shown in the accompanying illustration.
- Detach the electrical connector from the motor.
- Unfasten the 3 mounting bolts, then remove the motor.
- Installation of the motor the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the motor mounting bolts to 7.2 ft. lbs. (9.8 Nm).
Install the hatch trim panel in the reverse order of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips and replace them with new ones.
- If the old trim ins being reinstalled, scrape off the double-sided tape, then clean the trim and seal surfaces with alcohol. Attach new double-sided tape to the seal, and install the seals to both sides of the trim.
- Before reinstalling the trim, clean the body mating surface with alcohol.
- Locate the painted alignment mark on the rear window trim. Align the painted mark with the alignment tab in the center of the hatch, and install the trim all the way around facing in the direction shown.
- Make sure the connectors are properly plugged in.
- Push the clips into place securely.