Removal & Installation
J35a1 And J35a4 Engines
The radiator cooling fans are electrically operated and mount directly to the radiator.
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connectors and wiring guide brackets for the cooling fans
- If additional work space is needed, drain about 3 quarts of coolant from the radiator into a sealable container by loosening the radiator drain plug, then disconnect and plug the upper radiator hose.
On V6 Odyssey models:
- Remove the positive battery cable and remove the battery.
- Disconnect the wire harness guides from the battery tray.
- Remove the ground strap and the relay box bracket from the battery tray.
- Remove the battery tray mounting bolts and remove the battery tray.
- Remove the wire harness holders from the upper radiator support, and disconnect the electrical connectors for the Air Conditioning compressor clutch.
- Remove the fan shroud mounting bolts.
- Carefully remove the cooling fans from the battery side of the vehicle.
- The installation is in the reverse order of removal except for the following steps.
- Top off and bleed the cooling system as necessary.
- When connecting the battery cables, connect the positive battery cable first, then the negative cable.
- Enter the radio security code.
- Start the engine and check for coolant leaks and normal operation of the cooling fans.
- Note the anti-theft code for the radio and then disconnect the negative battery cable, then disconnect the positive battery cable and remove the battery.
- Remove the front grill cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the engine wire harness connectors (A) from the battery base.
Remove the three mounting bolts (B) and loosen mounting bolt (C), then remove the battery base (D).
- Disconnect the A/C compressor clutch connector and fan motor connectors.
- Disconnect the hood switch connector.
- On the J35A6 engine, disconnect the engine mount control solenoid valve connector (A) and vacuum hoses (B).
- Remove the ground cable (C) and harness clamp (D).
Remove the two bolts securing the reservoir, then remove the reservoir.
- Remove the two bolts (A) securing the radiator fan shroud, then remove the radiator fan shroud assembly (B) from the battery side.
Remove the two bolts (C), and loosen the two bolts (D) securing the A/C condenser fan shroud, then remove the A/C condenser fan shroud assembly (E) from the battery side.
- Install the radiator and A/C condenser fans in the reverse order of removal.
- Install the battery. Clean the battery posts and cable terminals with sandpaper, then assemble them and apply grease to prevent corrosion.
- Enter the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, then enter the audio presets.
- Set the clock.