Removal & Installation
J35a1 & J35a4 Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Lubricate the crankshaft seal lip with grease prior to installation.
- Install the front crankshaft seal so that it is flush with the surface of the oil pump housing.
Install or connect the following:
Crankshaft timing sprocket
- Check the engine oil level and add if necessary.
Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Remove the CKP sensor.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the timing belt drive sprocket.
- Remove the oil seal.
- Dry and clean the oil seal housing.
- Apply a light coating of multi-purpose grease to the crankshaft and oil seal lip.
- Using a seal driver, install the seal until it bottoms.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.