Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle and install in a strut spring compressor. Compress the spring until the end of the spring comes away from the spring seat.
- Remove the upper strut mount, spring seat and related components.
Remove the coil spring from the strut spring compressor.
Use a new self-locking nut.
- Compress the spring and position the strut so that the end of the spring aligns with the notch in the spring seat.
- Install the upper strut mounting components and tighten the nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm) for vehicles with 4 cylinder engines or to 33 ft. lbs. (44 Nm) for vehicles with 6 cylinder engines.
- Install the strut to the vehicle.
Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.
When compressing the strut spring, use a commercially available strut spring compressor (Branick MST-580A or Model 7200 or equivalent), according to the manufacturer's instructions.