Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Strut. Tighten the upper mount nuts to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.
- Raise the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link (A) from the damper (B).
Remove the wheel sensor harness (C) and the brake hose bracket (D) from the damper. Do not disconnect the wheel sensor connector.
Remove the flange nuts (A) and damper pinch bolts (B) from the damper.
Remove the service caps, and remove the damper by removing the three flange nuts (B).
Remove the damper.
NOTEDamper springs are different, left and right. Mark the springs L and R before you continue.
- Install the damper onto the frame, then loosely install the three flange nuts.
- Loosely install the damper pinch bolts and flange nuts to the damper.
- Install the wheel sensor harness and the brake hose bracket to the damper.
- Loosely install the stabilizer link to the damper.
- Raise the front suspension with a floor jack to load the suspension with the vehicle's weight.
- Tighten the damper pinch bolts and flange nuts to the specified torque value.
- Tighten the flange nuts on top of the damper to the specified torque value.
- Tighten the stabilizer link nuts to the specified torque value.
- Install the service caps.
- Install the front wheel.
- Check the front wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary.