- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Disassemble the fuel pump module and remove the fuel filter.
- Install the fuel filter and assemble the fuel pump module.
Install or connect the following:
Fuel pump module
Start the engine and check for leaks.
The fuel filter should be replaced whenever the fuel pressure drops below the specified value, after making sure that the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator are OK. The pressure should be 380-430 kPa (55-63 psi).
- Relieve the fuel pressure.
- Remove the fuel fill cap.
Remove the second row seat.
- Remove the access panel (A) from the floor.
- Disconnect the fuel pump 5P connector (B).
- Disconnect the quick-connect fitting (C) from the fuel tank unit.
Using the special tool, loosen the locknut (A).
Remove the locknut (A) and the fuel tank unit.
- Remove the fuel filter (B), fuel pressure regulator (C), pressure regulator bracket (D) and linkage (E).
- Remove the fuel pump (F) and suction filter (G) from the reservoir (H).
- When installing the fuel pump, make sure the connection is secure and the suction filter is firmly connected to the fuel pump.
Check these items before installing the fuel tank unit:
When connecting the wire harness, make sure the connection is secure and the connectors (I) are firmly locked into place.
Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with new O-rings (J) a new base gasket (K), and a new locknut.
NOTEAfter installation, check the base gasket visually or by hand to be sure the gasket is not pinched. Coat the O-rings with clean engine oil.