Removal & Installation
- Remove the intake manifold cover and intake manifold, if necessary.
- Place a shop towel under the fuel pressure regulator, then relieve the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose (A) and fuel return hose (B)
Loosen the locking nut (C), and remove the fuel pressure regulator (D).
- Apply clean engine oil to a new O-ring (E), and carefully install it into its proper position.
Install the fuel pressure regulator into the fuel rail. Turn it by hand until it stops.
NOTEAlways replace the O-rings when removing and installing the fuel pressure regulator. When assembling the fuel pressure regulator, apply clean engine oil to the O-ring and assemble it into its proper position, taking care not to damage the O-ring.
Turn the fuel pressure regulator (A) counterclockwise to set the angle as shown.
- Tighten the locking nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Install the intake manifold and manifold cover, if removed.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II), but do not operate the starter. After the fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, the fuel pressure in the fuel line rises. Repeat this 2 or 3 times, then check for fuel leakage.
See the procedure under Fuel Filter.