Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Separate the fuel injectors from the fuel supply manifold.
- Install the fuel injectors to the fuel supply manifold with new cushion rings and O-rings.
- Install new seal rings to the intake manifold.
Install or connect the following:
Fuel supply manifold and injector assembly. Tighten the bolts to 86 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Relieve fuel pressure.
Remove the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the connectors from the injectors (A).
- Disconnect the quick-connect fitting (B).
- Remove the fuel rail mounting bolts (C) from the fuel rail (D).
- Remove the injector clip (E) from the fuel rail.
- Remove the injectors from the rails.
- Coat the new O-ring with clean engine oil, and insert the injectors (B) into the fuel rail.
- Install the injector clip.
- Coat the new injector O-ring with clean engine oil.
- Install the injectors in the injector base.
- Install the fuel rail mounting bolts.
- Install the connectors on the injectors.
- Connect the quick-connect fitting.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II), but do not operate the starter. After the fuel pump runs about 2 seconds, the fuel pressure in the fuel line rises. Repeat this two or three times, then check for fuel leakage.
- Install the intake manifold.