- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place a suitable drain pan under the vehicle.
- Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir.
- On 2005-06 models, disconnect the IMT actuator connector .
- Remove the drive belt, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical Section.
Cover the components around the pump and drive belts with several shop towels to absorb any spilled fluid.
WARNINGIf any power steering fluid is spilled on a painted surface, wipe it off immediately.
- Squeeze the power steering hose clamp at the pump, slide it up the hose and remove the hose from the pump.
Loosen the power steering pump outlet hose retaining bolts, and remove the hose fitting along with its O-ring from the pump.
WARNINGProtect all open power steering lines and fittings from debris and contaminants, otherwise internal damage may occur.
- Wrap a clean cloth around the outlet hose fitting, and the port on the pump and hold in place with duct electrical tape.
Plug and cap the reservoir hose and metal hose fitting on the pump.
WARNINGDo not turn the steering wheel with the pump removed.
Remove the power steering pump retainers, then remove the pump.
- Install the pump and loosely install the lock and pivot bolts.
- Install a new O-ring on the power steering hose outlet fitting, lubricate the O-ring with a light coating of Honda power steering fluid and install the fitting.
- The balance of the installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Make note of the following points:
Tighten the pump fasteners to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm)