Removal & Installation
Open the tailgate, and remove the tailgate lower trim panel, referring to the accompanying illustration and noting the following:
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
Take care not to bend the lock rod.
NOTERemove the trim in the following sequence:
Tailgate upper trim
Remove the mounting nut (A), the wiper arm (B) and the special nut (C).
Disconnect the 4P connector (A) and remove the three mounting bolts (B), then remove the rear window wiper motor (C).
- Install the rear wiper motor in the reverse order of removal.
Install the tailgate lower trim panel in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Make sure the top of the lock rod passes through the hole in the trim panel.
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Push the clips into place securely.