Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
Alternator. Tighten the 10mm bolt to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm) and the 8mm bolt to 15 ft. lbs. 21 Nm).Alternator harness connectorsAccessory drive beltNegative battery cable
- Disconnect the wiring connector from generator.
With the engine
turn ignition switch
and connect a voltmeter between connector terminal L (1) and ground or between terminal IG or S (2) and ground.
- If voltage is not present, the line between battery and connector is disconnected and so requires repair.
- Reconnect the wiring connector to the generator, run the engine at middle speed, and turn off all electrical devices other than engine.
- Measure battery voltage. If it exceeds 16V, repair or replace the generator.
- Connect an ammeter to output terminal of generator, and measure output current under load by turning on the other electrical devices (ex. headlights). At this time the amperes must not be less than 15A and the voltage must not be less than 13V.