Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
Disconnect the Throttle position (TP) sensor and Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose below the air horn.
- Remove the intake air duct clamp.
- Disconnect the intake air duct.
- Disconnect the coolant lines from the throttle body.
- Remove the bolts from the common chamber.
- Remove the throttle body from the common chamber.
- Remove the gasket from the common chamber.
Remove the Throttle Position (TP) sensor.
WARNINGNever use solvent of any type when you clean the gasket surfaces on the intake manifold and the throttle body assembly. The gasket surfaces and the throttle body assembly may be damaged as a result.
If the throttle body gasket needs to be replaced, remove any gasket material that may be stuck to the mating surfaces of the manifold. Do not leave any scratches in the aluminum casting.
- Install the TP sensor.
- Install the gasket on the common chamber.
- Install the throttle body on the common chamber.
Secure the gasket and the throttle body with the four bolts.
NOTEThe vacuum lines must be properly routed under the throttle body before tightening the mounting bolts.
- Tighten the throttle body mounting bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the coolant lines.
- Connect all the vacuum lines.
- Install the intake air duct.
- Tighten the intake air duct clamp.
- Connect all the electrical connectors:
- Install the accelerator cable assembly.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.