Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove some fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
Disconnect and plug the brake fluid line from the caliper.
NOTEDiscard the parking brake cable mounting pin after removal.
- If equipped with caliper actuated parking brakes; remove the mounting pin from the parking brake cable and disconnect the parking cable from the disc caliper.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bolt and guide bolt and remove the caliper from the mount.
Remove the brake pads and clips from the caliper. Inspect the brake pads for wear; replace them, if necessary.
- Install the brake pads and clips onto the caliper.
- If the mounting bracket was removed, tighten the bolts to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
- Install the caliper on the mounting bracket. Torque the caliper-to-mounting bracket bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Connect the parking brake cable to the caliper and install a new mounting pin.
- Connect the fluid line to the caliper using new washers. Torque the brake line banjo fitting to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Refill the master cylinder reservoir and bleed the brake system.
- Install the rear wheels and lower the vehicle.