- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain the transaxle.
- Drain the power steering system.
- Remove the engine appearance covers.
- Remove the drivers side center console lower panel and pull back the cover to access steering joint cover.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Steering joint bolt
Install a 6 x 1 x 14mm bolt and nut on the cable cover, then reinstall the cable cover to the torque converter housing. If this is not done, the bolt head of the cable cover may prevent torque converter removal.
Matchmark the front subframe to the vehicle body.
Rear mount bracket bolts
Support the sub-frame with a 4 x 4 x 50 inch piece of wood and a jack.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Please note the following specifications:
Transmission housing bolts and harness clamp bolts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm)
Raise the subframe into position and align the matchmarks. Tighten the subframe bolts to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm). Tighten the front subframe bracket bolts to 54 ft. lbs. (74 Nm) and the rear bracket bolts to 86 ft. lbs. (117 Nm).
Rear engine mount bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm)
- Fill the transaxle to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.