Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front tire/wheel.
Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the drive belt, if necessary, as outlined in this section.
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle (A) and holder attachment (B).
Remove the bolt with a heavy duty 19mm socket (C) and breaker bar, then remove the crankshaft pulley.
Clean the pulleys (A), crankshaft (B), bolt (C), and washer (D). Lubricate with new engine oil as shown.
WARNINGNever use an impact wrench to tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt.
- For 2003-04 models, install the crankshaft pulley, and tighten the bolt to 181 ft. lbs. (245 Nm), using the following procedure:
For 2005 models, install the crankshaft pulley, and tighten as follows:
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle (A) and holder attachment (B), then tighten the bolt to 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm) with a torque wrench and 19mm socket (C).
Mark the bolt head (D) and crankshaft pulley (E) as shown, then tighten the bolt an additional 60° (The mark on the bolt head line up with the mark on the crankshaft pulley).
- Remove the drive belt.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the right front tire/wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.