Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Remove the rocker arm assembly as follows:
- Unscrew the rocker shaft bolts 2 turns at a time in a criss-cross pattern to avoid damaging the valves or rocker assembly.
- Do not remove the rocker shaft bolts. These bolts keep the springs and rocker arms on the shafts.
Loosen the valve adjuster locknuts and screws so that all valves are closed.
Remove the rocker arms and shafts from the vehicle as an assembly.
NOTEKeep all valvetrain components in order for assembly.
Remove the rocker arms and springs from the rocker arm shafts.
- Assemble the rocker arms and springs to the rocker arm shafts in their original positions.
- Install the rocker arm assemblies. Tighten the bolts in sequence and in multiple passes to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Adjust the valve clearance.
Install or connect the following: