Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of Trim pad remover, Snap-on A177A or equivalent, commercially available trim panel removal tool.
- Remove the mirror mount cover. Take care not to scratch the door panel, as follows:
- Remove the inner handle (A), as follows. Take care not to scratch the door panel.
- Detach the clips and hooks, then remove the speaker grille. Remove the screws.
- Detach the clips (A) and release the hooks (B), then remove the switch panel (C). Take care not to scratch the door panel. Disconnect the power window switch (door multi-plex control unit) connectors (D).
On driver's side, disconnect the power mirror switch connector (E). Pry out the cap (F), and remove the screw (G).
NOTERefer to the accompanying illustration for the following step.
Release the clips that hold the door panel (A) with a commercially available trim pad remover (B), then remove the door panel by pulling it upward. Disconnect the speaker connector (C). On driver's side, disconnect the front door sub-harness connector (D). On passenger's side, disconnect the courtesy light bulb socket (E), and detach the harness clip (F) from the panel.
Pull the front door upper seal (A) as necessary, disconnect the connector (B), and detach the harness clip (C), then remove the bolts securing the mirror. While holding the mirror (D), push out the clip (E), and remove the mirror. Take care not to scratch the door.
Install the mirror in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Make sure the connector is plugged in properly.
- Attach the harness clip.