Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor connector.
- Remove the intake air duct.
- Disconnect the throttle body connector.
- Disconnect the water bypass hoses, and plug the water bypass hoses.
- Remove the throttle body.
Clean the throttle body and intake manifold surface.
Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new gasket.
NOTEFor the PCM to learn the engine idle characteristics, the idle learn procedure must be done. Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
Disconnect the battery.
Perform the idle learn procedure, as follows:
- Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear window defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
- Start the engine, and hold it at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194ºF (90ºC).
Let the engine idle for a minimum of 5 minutes with no load.
NOTEIf the radiator fan cycles during this time, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- Refill the radiator with engine coolant.
- Connect the HDS while the engine stopped.
- Select the ETC (TAC) test from the INSPECTION MENU with the HDS.
- Do the ETCS TEST. If test results indicates the system is normal, the repair is complete. If any temporary DTCs or DTCs are indicated, go to the indicated DTC's troubleshooting.