- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain the transaxle if removing the left halfshaft. If is not necessary to drain the fluid if removing the right halfshaft.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Pry the inboard joint from the transaxle or intermediate shaft.
- Remove the outer CV-joint stub shaft from the hub by tapping the stub shaft with a plastic hammer.
Use new circlips, split pins and self-locking nuts for assembly.
- Install the outer CV-joint stub shaft into the hub.
- Install the inner CV-joint to the transaxle or intermediate shaft until the circlip locks in the retaining groove.
Install or connect the following:
Lower ball joint. Tighten the nut to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Fill the transaxle to the correct level and check for leaks.