Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait AT LEAST 3 minutes before proceeding.
Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover, as follows:
WARNINGTake care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
Remove the steering column covers, as follows:
- Remove the driver's airbag assembly and the steering wheel. Refer to the Steering Wheel Removal & Installation procedure in this section.
Remove the steering joint cover A.
Set the column shaft (A) in the neutral position by pulling up the steering column to uppermost position, then lower it 8 mm (0.31 in.). Tighten the tilt lever (B).
Remove the column covers (A).
Disconnect the 16P connector (A) from the combination light switch (B).
- Remove the two screws, then slide out the combination light switch.
- Install the combination switch and secure with the 2 screws.
- Attach the connector to the combination switch.
- Install the steering column covers in the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the driver-s dashboard lower cover in the reverse of the removal procedure. Replace any damaged clips and make sure to push the clips into place securely.