Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the nuts and the windshield wiper arms.
Remove the hood seal (A) and cowl cover (B).
- Disconnect the 5P connector (A) from the windshield wiper motor (B).
Remove the mounting bolts and the wiper linkage assembly (C).
Matchmark the link and windshield wiper linkage (A) to show the original adjustment. Separate the windshield wiper linkage (B) from the wiper motor (C).
Install in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Apply multipurpose grease to the moving parts.
- Before reinstalling the wiper arms, turn the wiper switch ON, then OFF to return the wiper shafts to the park position.
- If necessary, replace any damaged clips.
- Make sure the wiper motor operates properly.