Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the modular unit mounting bolts.
Detach the pump motors connectors.
WARNINGAlways use a flare nut wrench on the fittings, to prevent stripping of the flare nuts.
- Disconnect the brake lines using a flare nut wrench.
Remove the modular unit from the bracket assembly.
- Install the modulator unit.
- Connect the brake lines, using a flare nut wrench. Tighten the fittings to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the modulator unit.
- Attach the pump motor connectors.
- Bleed the brake system beginning with the left front brake caliper. Bleed each fitting until all air is removed. Proceed in the order given in the procedure earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- After starting the engine, check to make sure the ABS lamp is not illuminated.
- Drive the vehicle and check that the ABS light does not come on.
- Check and clear codes as necessary.