Removal & Installation
Accord & Prelude
2.2L & 2.3L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the distributor.
- Label and disconnect the spark plug wires.
Remove the distributor mounting bolts. Remove the distributor from its mounting.
- Position the engine at TDC on the compression stroke.
Coat a new oil ring with clean engine oil. Install it in position. Position the distributor in its mounting.
NOTEThe lugs on the end of the distributor and their mating grooves in the camshaft end are offset to eliminate the possibility of installing the distributor 180 degrees out of time.
- Install the mounting bolts and tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm). Install the ignition wires.
- Connect the electrical connector. Check the ignition timing