Removal & Installation
Accord & Prelude
The radiator cooling fans are electrically operated and mount directly to the radiator.
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connectors and wiring guide brackets from the cooling fans
- If additional work space is needed, drain about 3 quarts of coolant from the radiator into a sealable container by loosening the radiator drain plug, then disconnect and plug the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the positive battery cable and remove the battery.
- Disconnect the wire harness guides from the battery tray.
- Remove the ground strap and the relay box bracket from the battery tray.
- Remove the battery tray mounting bolts and remove the battery tray.
- Remove the wire harness holders from the upper radiator support.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the air conditioning compressor clutch.
- Remove the fan shroud mounting bolts.
Carefully remove the cooling fan assembly from the vehicle.
- The installation is in the reverse order of removal except for the following.
- Top off and bleed the cooling system as necessary.
- When connecting the battery cables, connect the positive battery cable first, then the negative cable.
- Enter the radio security code.
- Start the engine and check for coolant leaks and normal operation of the cooling fans.
Refer to the Radiator Replacement procedure located earlier in this section for Fan Replacement.Civic
Refer to the Radiator Replacement procedure located earlier in this section for Fan Replacement.S2000
Refer to the Radiator Replacement procedure located earlier in this section for Fan Replacement.